NEW PASSPORT – DS-11
Application for those individuals in need of a new passport, you will need to complete the DS-11 application. There are several circumstances where one would need a new passport:
1. First time applying for a passport
2. Renewing a passport for a child under the age of 15
3. Replacing a lost or stolen passport
4. Replacing a passport that has been expired for more than five years
If any of these circumstances apply to you, then you will need to fill out a new passport application form otherwise known as form DS-11. The first step to applying for a new passport is to gather the necessary documentation.
1. DS-11 Application – completed, signed and dated. (See Sealed Envelope Instructions below for more information)
2. 2 passport photos (These photos must be taken professionally, no digital photos, no Polaroids or personal pictures allowed. Also, do not wear hats, religious garb or anything military related in your photos. It’s best to keep things simple and understated)
3. An Original Birth Certificate (This must be the original copy, or a certified copy which means the seal has to be raised. You will receive your birth certificate back with your new passport. If you cannot locate your birth certificate and have applied for a passport in the past, you can use the expired passport or do a passport search for a fee of $150. Passports suffice as proof of citizenship. Without a birth certificate, your application will not be processed. DO NOT SEND A PHOTOCOPY!)
4. A copy of your itinerary (The itinerary does not have to be formal but it must be typed with dates, times and flight numbers showing when you are scheduled to leave and return.)
5. Download and fill out the Authorization letter.
6. A photocopy of your driver’s license, state ID or some sort of identification card with your name and photo. (If the application is for a minor, the parents can provide photo copies of their driver’s licenses or state ID’s.)
7. 2 copies of the Allstar Passports & Visas Authorization Letter, signed, dated and completed. This form must be included so that we can take your application into the Federal Building to be processed. Without this form, we are not able to expedite your passport application.
8. Application fee. For anyone over the age of 15, the fee is $170.00 for the US Department of State and $25.00 for the Post Office. For anyone under the age of 15 - the fee is $140.00 for the US Department of State and $25.00 for the Post Office. Please make out a personal check or money order to the US Department of State for the appropriate amount. You can submit a personal check, money order, credit card or cash for the $25.00 amount that is due to the Post Office
9. Service Fee: |CLICK HERE | This is the Allstar payment form - Our Fees. The new fees are: Same Day $250, Next Day $175, 3-Day $125
Once you’ve gotten all of your documentation completed, the next step is the sealed envelope process. What this process entails is a trip to your local post office or county clerk’s office where there is a passport specialist or passport agent on duty. You will need to make sure that the person handling your sealed envelope has had experience with passport applications. (Most larger post office branches have a passport specialist)
Sealed Envelope Requirements: When you arrive at the post office, you will want to be sure to bring all of the requirements listed above. The passport agent or specialist will then take your DS-11 and have you do an Oath & Signature which verifies your identity. He/She will also complete the bottom portion of the last page of your DS-11 application.
Once he/she has completed this step, he/she will take the remainder of your documentation and seal it inside of a US Postal envelope that they will provide for you. They will seal it shut with tape and then stamp it with official US postal stamps. (ONCE YOUR ENVELOPE IS SEALED, YOU MUST NOT OPEN IT. IF YOU OPEN IT, IT WILL BE NULL AND VOID AND SENT BACK TO YOU UNPROCESSED)
The final step in the process is for you to ship your sealed envelope, payment to Allstar Passports & Visas and a pre-paid return shipping label to:
Attention: Kenneth Ripoll
Allstar Passports & Visas
5455 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 2117
Los Angeles, CA 90036