Minor Passport (Under 16)
To Obtain a Minor U.S. Passport, one or more of the following must apply:
- The minor never had a passport;
- or the minor is under 16 years old;
- or their expired passport is not in your possession;
- or their current valid passport is damaged or lost.
Note: Children's passports cannot be renewed. Regardless of previous issuance, all children must go through the new passport application process.
How do I obtain a Minor U.S Passport?
You must gather all documents listed below to take to an Acceptance Agent.
- All minors must appear in person and be accompanied by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- An Acceptance Agent is a government employee who will verify your identity and the identity of the applicant.
- Acceptance agents are at Post Offices and Court Houses. Click here to find an Acceptance Agent near you.
- You must indicate that you are using a “Hand Carry” service.
- The Acceptance Agent will have you sign the application in front of them.
- Acceptance Agent will seal all documents in an envelope and return the sealed envelope to you.
- You courier the Sealed envelope to AllStar Passports & Visas for processing.
Note: If only one parent or legal guardian is available to appear in person, the government offers form DS-3053 which once executed allows for the parent or legal guardian to not appear in person. The consent statement must include the child’s detailed information, the parent or legal guardians identification information (photo copies of identification are highly encouraged) and must be notarized. Only original copies are accepted. This requirement is strictly enforced to protect children.
1. Proof of Citizenship
Original certified birth certificate or naturalization certificate or passport issued over 15 years ago.
- Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must include the full names of the applicant’s parent(s).
- If you do not meet the requirements view Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship
2. Photo Requirements
Two identical passport photos (2×2 with white background). Click here for details
- Your photo should not be attached to the form
3. Passport Application Form
Complete the DS-11 Form. This form must be completed online and printed on two separate pages (not back to back). The passport office will not accept hand-written DS-11 applications.
- Print two (2) copies of your completed DS-11 form with a 2D barcode.
- One form must be endorsed and enclosed inside a sealed envelope, and the other copy must be attached to the outside of the sealed envelope. (See detailed instructions below on A Sealed Envelope.)
- Improperly completed applications will delay the processing of your passport.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
4. Letter of Authorization
Please print two (2) identical signed Letters of Authorization.
- Both must have original signatures
- Put one original signed letter inside the sealed envelope, and Attach the other original signed letter to the outside of the sealed envelope.
5. Proof of Departure
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency, copy of airline ticket or a corporate letter stating US departure by private aircraft with the travelers name on it.
- If you have not purchased your tickets please contact us to further assist you,
6. Copy of State or Driver License
In order to prove the parent’s or guardian’s identity to the Acceptance Agent, each parent or guardian will be required to show a current driver’s license or state-issued identification. Official government or military picture identification, valid U.S. or foreign passport with photo, or an original Alien Resident Card (Green card) is also acceptable.
7. Passport Submission Appointment
A passport submission appointment is necessary as we are limited on slots. Please contact us to make a reservation prior to shipping your documents.
8. Government Fee
As part of this process, you must provide two personal payments to complete your application.
- You must bring a personal check, cashier’s check or purchase a money order for $140 made payable to the “US Department of State.” This will be included in your sealed package.
- A separate endorsement fee of $25 will be charged by the Post Office or the Clerk of Court and in most cases can be paid by credit card or cash.
9. AllStar Order Form
For us to process your passport request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the passport processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to AllStar with all other supporting documents.
- Coming to our office? You may complete this when you come in.
A Sealed Envelope
When appearing at a Passport Acceptance office you will be submitting all of your documents, the government fee and photos. The officer will review these documents, verify your identity, put them in an envelope and seal it. They will then hand the sealed package back to you. Once you have the sealed package in your hands, you in turn send that to AllStar for expediting within three (3) days.
Document Printing Instructions
All documents, such as passport applications, Letter of Authorization, travel itinerary etc. must be printed single sided.
- The US Department of State, Passport Agency scans all your documents and scanning is not possible for double-sided documents.
- Please be advised documents printed double-sided will not be accepted by the Department and cause delays in your process.
The signatures on all documents must match.
- Do not initial or sign any documents unless instructed to do so by Acceptance Agent.
- Review all the instructions
- Complete and print all passport application forms, including AllStar Order Form
- Bring or send the Order Form plus sealed envelope to AllStar.
Bring in or Send Documents via FedEx Overnight:
AllStar Passport & Visas
5455 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1107
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Help me Allstar!
Please fill out the form for answers.