To Obtain a new U.S. Passport, one or more of the following must apply:
- You are a first time applicant;
- or your prior passport was issued at age 16 or under;
- or your passport has been expired more than 5 years;
- or your expired passport is not in your possession;
- or your current valid passport is damaged or lost.
How do I obtain a New U.S Passport?
You must gather all documents listed below to take to an Acceptance Agent.
- An Acceptance Agent is a government employee who will verify your identity or the identity of the applicant.
- Acceptance agents are at Post Offices and Court Houses. Click here to find an Agency near you.
- You must indicate that you are using a “Hand Carry” service.
- The Acceptance Agent will have you sign the application in front of them.
- The Acceptance Agent will seal all documents in an envelope and return the sealed envelope to you.
- You courier the Sealed envelope to AllStar Passports & Visas for processing.
1. Proof of Citizenship
Original certified birth certificate or naturalization certificate or passport issued over 15 years ago.
- Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must include the full names of the applicant’s parent(s).
- If you do not meet the requirements view Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship
2. Photo Requirements
Two identical passport photos (2×2 with white background). Click here for details
- Your photo should not be attached to the form
3. Passport Application Form
Complete the DS-11 Form. This form must be completed online and printed on two separate pages (not back to back). The passport office will not accept hand-written DS-11 applications.
- Print two (2) copies of your completed DS-11 form with a 2D barcode.
- One form must be endorsed and enclosed inside a sealed envelope, and the other copy must be attached to the outside of the sealed envelope. (See detailed instructions below on A Sealed Envelope.)
- Improperly completed applications will delay the processing of your passport.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
4. Letter of Authorization
Please print two (2) identical signed Letters of Authorization.
- Both must have original signatures
- Put one original signed letter inside the sealed envelope, and Attach the other original signed letter to the outside of the sealed envelope.
5. Proof of Departure
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency, copy of airline ticket or a corporate letter stating US departure by private aircraft with the travelers name on it.
- If you have not purchased your tickets please contact us to further assist you,
6. Copy of State or Driver License
You must present proof of identity such as a driver's license (which has been issued for at least 6 months). A copy of both sides of the photo ID must be included inside the sealed envelope.
- If you cannot submit primary identification, please see Secondary Identification
7. Passport Submission Appointment
A passport submission appointment is necessary as we are limited on slots. Please contact us to make a reservation prior to shipping your documents.
- If you plan to order a visa in addition to your passport service, you must schedule this appointment before submitting any documentation to AllStar for processing.
8. Government Fee
As part of this process, you must provide two personal payments to complete your application.
- You must bring a personal check, cashier’s check or purchase a money order for $170 made payable to the “US Department of State.” This will be included in your sealed package.
- A separate endorsement fee of $25 will be charged by the Post Office or the Clerk of Court and in most cases can be paid by credit card or cash.
9. AllStar Order Form
For us to process your passport request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the passport processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to AllStar with all other supporting documents.
- This order form does not go inside the sealed package.
A Sealed Envelope
When appearing at a Passport Acceptance office you will be submitting all of your documents, the government fee and photos. The officer will review these documents, verify your identity, put them in an envelope and seal it. They will then hand the sealed package back to you. Once you have the sealed package in your hands, you in turn send that to AllStar for expediting within three (3) days.
AllStar Passports & Visas cannot fulfill processing times if your passport application is suspended by the Passport Agency. Below please find most frequent reasons in which you may not be eligible for a passport or your passport application may be suspended:
- You owe child support in excess of $2,000.00
- You are on probation which restricts international travel
- You have an outstanding criminal warrant against you which prohibits travel outside the U.S.
- You owe the government a repatriation loan
- Your check written to the Department of State for a previous passport did not have sufficient funds.
- Additional documentation may be requested by the Department of State.
This is an exception to the normal processing of the application. It is typically requested to further clarify your identity.
Our processing times are given in BUSINESS days and not (calendar days). It excludes Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays!
Document Printing Instructions
All documents, such as passport applications, Letter of Authorization, travel itinerary etc. must be printed single sided.
- The US Department of State, Passport Agency scans all your documents and scanning is not possible for double-sided documents.
- Please be advised documents printed double-sided will not be accepted by the Department and cause delays in your process.
The signatures on all documents must match.
- Do not initial or sign any documents unless instructed to do so by Acceptance Agent.
- Review all the instructions
- Fill and print all passport application forms, including AllStar Order Form
- Bring or send the Order Form plus sealed envelope to AllStar.
AllStar Passport & Visas
5455 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1107
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Help me Allstar!
Please fill out the form for answers.